Director of Trail Development
Position Description and Responsibilities
- Assist in the development of the September 11th Trail based on a Trail alignment study and organizational strategic plan.
- Coordinate and advocate with appropriate private landowners, local, state, and federal agencies and officials to acquire applicable permits for construction, easements for Trail development, and support for development of the September 11th Trail. This work could involve traveling with overnight stays to various parts of the alignment for meetings.
- Manage design and engineering consultants involved in the development of the September 11th Trail. This may include writing and managing the bid of design and engineering service contracts and managing those contracts to ensure that their work is done correctly, on time, and on budget.
- Coordinate with funders and donors, as well as write grants to private foundations and public agencies and manage budgets for development of different sections of the trail, and follow the correct reporting procedures for each grant.
- Maintain and update a database of grants as needed to track awards, reporting, and unsuccessful grants.
- Periodically attend Board Meetings and the Board Strategic Planning Meeting to update the board of directors on progress of trail development. Updates may include preparing presentations and reports.
- Coordinate with various directors of the Board and Trail Implementation Committee as needed to accomplish projects, advocate for Trail development, or assist with fundraising events.
- Help coordinate special events for the organization, including fundraising and management of sponsors and vendors. Assist with event logistics and participate in events as a Trail representative.
- Attend special events and meetings as needed to advocate for the September 11th Trail and its development.
- Work with consultants hired by the organization or partnering organizations to develop necessary marketing and media materials for the development of the Trail.
- Participate in staff meetings and coordinate with the president to accomplish needed tasks associated with development of the September 11th Trail.
- If applicable, manage and maintain company vehicle to Pennsylvania auto vehicle standards, including needed maintenance, safety and emission inspections, and insurance.
- Assist in other organizational advocacy initiatives which can include social media campaigns, newsletter writing and distribution, fundraising efforts, and other marketing campaigns and initiatives as needed.
- Accomplish other various tasks as assigned and needed by the president.
To apply: Send a resume, cover letter, and three references to Thomas Baxter, IV, President, September 11th National Memorial Trail Alliance, email@example.com